905 W. Mayfield Rd.
Arlington, TX 76015
4433 River Oaks Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76114
3420 S. Grove St.
Fort Worth, TX 76110
ReStore Johnson County
1407 N. Brazos Ave.
Cleburne, TX 76031
Strategic Plan (2011-2016)
Organization Mission Statement –
Building homes and hope in partnership with God’s people. To that end, we accomplish this by:
- Building and renovating high quality, affordable housing
- Advocating on behalf of those in need of decent housing
- Serving as a partner and catalyst to create healthy and sustainable communities.
General Strategic Plan and Agency Statement –
The desired outcome of building homes and hope in partnership with God’s people is to facilitate families’ efforts, via our construction services and community partnerships, to lead a profoundly meaningful and rewarding life. The fact is, homeownership is a proven and powerful tool to break the cycle of poverty and transform lives. Thriving families and communities are our ultimate goals.
This five-year Strategic Plan will be used to pilot the concept of holistic neighborhood development while concurrently enhancing the affiliate’s sustainability and increasing the number of families served. If the holistic neighborhood model looks promising, then the affiliate will expand the model to more neighborhoods in the near future.
Building new homes in areas that, by-in-large, lack significant external obsolescence remains a valuable and viable strategy. Trinity Habitat’s building efforts will, therefore, be within “Partner Neighborhoods” and in areas where we do not have an official partnership.
When working with a Partner Neighborhood, Trinity Habitat’s role is as a partner and catalyst. The neighborhood and its neighborhood leaders are the people in control of what happens in their community. Trinity Habitat will deliver its services, to the best of its ability and as per its core competencies, according to the Neighborhood’s plan.
- Increase organizational sustainability and operational effectiveness.
- Increase the number of new and rehab homes constructed.
- Pilot the Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative.
Strategies to Achieve These Goals
The following are the primary efforts we will pursue to fulfill our mission.
- Building – The most prevailing way to impact more families is to build more affordable homes: increase home production 10% annually.
- Community Development – Homeownership is most powerful when located within a healthy community. Habitat representatives will attend more than half of the neighborhood association meetings in the areas where we build, so that we can facilitate neighborhood-led initiatives.
- Advocacy – Public policy has a significant impact upon our ability to build cost-effective, affordable homes. As such, over the five-year plan we will work to create a coalition of public and private partners that promote policies friendly to affordable homeownership.
- Revenue – Increase revenue to grow home production 10% annually and to grow administration as needed. Over the five-year plan, open new ReStores in chapters (pending in-depth market analysis).