Cornerstone Volunteer Leadership Program
The Cornerstone Volunteer Leadership Program was created to enhance the volunteer experience, increase safety, improve construction schedules and increase the quality of each home. The program has evolved into an integral component of our construction team. Cornerstone members manage 100% of the volunteers on site, with staff acting in a support role.
Cornerstone members are a group of men and women from varied backgrounds with widely divergent skills who give their time, their talents, and their resources to support and continue the mission of Trinity Habitat.
- Attend a training class that focuses on safety.
- Demonstrate you know how to work
with homeowners and volunteers.
- Demonstrate adequate construction knowledge to the construction staff.
- Attend four construction workshops.
- Complete 100 on-site volunteer hours.
The main volunteer opportunities are on Fridays and Saturdays. We also have volunteer opportunities available during the week, mostly on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Build a Home (BAH), new home construction
- Preserve a Home (PAH), exterior-only rehabs
- Flex Days
- Shop Work and Special Projects
Cornerstone Training Sessions
Join Cornerstone and complete a series of three training sessions to become Cornerstone certified to lead and supervise a house build site. Training sessions will be held at Trinity Habitat’s Main Office Conference Room at 3345 S. Jones St. in Fort Worth. All classes begin promptly at 6:00 p.m., with a complimentary dinner at 5:30 p.m.
Monthly Cornerstone Trainings will be held on the following dates:
|December 12||January 16||May 15||September 18|
|February 20||June 19||October 16|
|March 20||July 17||November 20|
|April 17||August 21||December 18|
* Those interested in becoming Cornerstone certified must also complete a Habitat 101 training session. Contact Christie Haire for training date.
For information regarding our Cornerstone program, please email Christie Haire.