Habitat families partner with volunteers
Foundation for a Better Life
Trinity Habitat families:
- Average 4 family members
- Earn $29,105/year on average
- Earn less than $40,000 a year
- Pay a no-interest, 30-year mortgage
- Pay on average $650/month for their mortgage
- Invest 250 sweat equity hours in place of a down payment
*Depends on the size of the family and ability to pay. Up to 1,500 square feet for five-bedroom home.
ENERGY STAR 3.0 Certified
- Certified by an Energy Auditor
- HVAC System efficiency tested
- No air penetrations
- All electrical and plumbing fixtures meet ENERGY STAR and WaterSense® standards
- Totally encapsulated spray foam*
*Includes the attic, so entire house is treated as conditioned space.
This increases construction costs, but the energy and cost savings for our
Habitat families is measurable and significant.
FORTIFIED Gold High Wind & Hail Protection
- Built to IBHS FORTIFIED® Gold-Rated High Wind & Hail (Gold HWH) Standards
- Ensures each foundation is tied to the wall framing and truss system
- Gold HWH homes respond to high wind conditions (up to 130 mph) as a single, solid structure
- Habitat families may qualify for discounts on their home insurance
It’s Not About the House
Affordable homeownership builds strong families and neighborhoods.
Attend a HabiTour
You’re invited to join us for lunch to learn more about us and tour a home.
The information on this page is not a guarantee of what will be in any Habitat family’s home.