Habitat for Humanity makes sincere efforts to take care of our planet. Those efforts take many forms. Some involve you. All happen with an eye on the future and with…
Cornerstone Construction Leaders
- All volunteers
- Varied backgrounds and skill levels
- Manage all regular volunteers on site
- Enhance the volunteer experience
- Increase safety
- Ensure quality workmanship
- Keep projects on schedule
- Supported by Trinity Habitat staff
Help with the construction of new homes.
Help rehab the exterior of existing homes.
Help keep projects on schedule on off-days.
Help with shop work and other special projects.
Most opportunities are on Fridays and Saturdays, with some on weekdays.
- Attend a training class focused on safety.
- Demonstrate you know how to work with homeowners and volunteers.
- Demonstrate adequate construction knowledge to our Construction Team.
- Complete 100 hours on Trinity Habitat build sites.
- Attend four monthly Cornerstone Trainings OR complete the five-week Cornerstone College.
Monthly training sessions are held at our office.
- Third Thursdays at 6 p.m.
- Complimentary dinner at 5:30 p.m.
Cornerstone College consists of five hands-on construction
classes and is offered at least twice a year.
Next Start Date: TBA
Learn more about the Cornerstone Leadership Program or register for Cornerstone College by contacting:
- Fascia Diamonds
- Habitat House Build – A PMs Point of View
- Adopting FORTIFIED Building Standards
- House Sheathing
- Exterior Trim
- Plumbing and Bracing Walls
- Fall Protection
- Snapping and Plating
- Garage Door Opening Trim Details
- Erecting Cross-Gable Valleys
- Front and Back Porch Ceiling Layouts
- Pyramid Style Porch Column Trim
- Truss Bracing