Cornerstone Construction Leaders
- Support and lead construction and repair projects
- All volunteers
- Varied backgrounds and skill levels
- Manage all regular volunteers on site
- Enhance the volunteer experience
- Increase safety
- Ensure quality workmanship
- Keep projects on schedule
- Supported by Trinity Habitat staff
Help build families’ new Habitat homes.
Help repair the exterior of existing homes.
Help keep projects on schedule on off-days.
Help with shop work and other special projects.
Most opportunities are on Fridays and Saturdays, with some on weekdays.
- Attend a training class focused on safety.
- Demonstrate you know how to work with homeowners and volunteers.
- Demonstrate adequate construction knowledge to our Construction Team.
- Complete 100 hours on Trinity Habitat build sites.
- Complete the 5-week (1 day a week, 6-8pm) Cornerstone College offered in the Spring and Fall.
Monthly training sessions are held at our office.
- Third Thursdays at 6 p.m.
- Complimentary dinner at 5:30 p.m.
- RSVP required – Contact Us
Cornerstone College consists of five hands-on construction classes and is offered at least twice a year.
Next Start Date: TBA
Get a feel for what it is like out on a construction site as a regular volunteer.
See examples and learn about what goes into building Habitat homes.
Meet some of our Cornerstone Leaders in these featured stories.
- Fascia Diamonds
- Habitat House Build – A PMs Point of View
- Adopting FORTIFIED Building Standards
- House Sheathing
- Exterior Trim
- Plumbing and Bracing Walls
- Fall Protection
- Snapping and Plating
- Garage Door Opening Trim Details
- Erecting Cross-Gable Valleys
- Front and Back Porch Ceiling Layouts
- Pyramid Style Porch Column Trim
- Truss Bracing
- Gable Crown
- Wall Bracing
- View Documents (available on Google Drive – no login required)